Omicron will explode in Thailand soon, warns infectious diseases expert
In a Facebook post on Tuesday, Dr Teerawat Hemachuta, head of Chulalongkorn University’s Information Centre for Emerging Infectious Diseases, declared that nearly everybody will pick up an Omicron infection.
The reasons behind this declaration are:
• The efficacy of vaccines will drop by 40 per cent after three months, even with the most effective ones like Pfizer and Moderna.
• Those who are yet to be vaccinated will be prime candidates for infection.
• Without booster shots, cases can suddenly surge from 10,000 to 100,000 to even 1 million. This will include people who have not been vaccinated or the vulnerable.
• Symptoms will be mild for people who have been vaccinated or have been infected by the novel coronavirus before, except those in vulnerable groups.
• The best way to administer the vaccine with the least side effects is to deliver a small dose via intradermal injection.
• Fah Talai Jone, Ivermectin, Fluvoxamine and Fluoxetine may be as effective as vaccines to treat people in the first phase of the infection.