Govt loans, heart massage among top 10 fake news items last week
Cheap loans being offered by the Paotang app and Government Savings Bank were among the top 10 fake news items last week, according to the Digital Economy and Society Ministry (DESM).
The ministry verified 358 alerts about fake news and found 166 issues that needed to be investigated, said DESM spokeswoman Noppawan Huajaiman on Sunday.
Most of the fake information detected concerned government policies, she added.
She said the 10 fake news items that captured most public attention from August 5 to 11 were:
– Heart massage can reduce chest pain, boost blood circulation and restore normal heartbeat.
– The Paotang app offers loans of 100,000 baht via ATMs.
– About 600 public health volunteers are dying each month after voluntarily testing Covid-19 vaccines.
– China is releasing water from Mekong dams, causing severe flooding in Thailand and Laos this month and next month.
– The GSB is providing collateral-free soft loans of between 5,000 and 500,000 baht via the Line app.
– The Mymo loans Facebook page belongs to the GSB.
– The Facebook page Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives True Friend of Investors belongs to the BAAC.
– The Land Transport Department is issuing driving licences via Facebook without the need for a driving test or exam.
– Drinking a juice made from Asiatic pennywort and other herbs can cure brainstem cancer.
– Thailand and four other Asean countries will stop using dollars for international debts from November 1.