background-defaultbackground-default
logo-pwa

The Nationthailand

Add to Home Screen.

Add
Close
FRIDAY, December 02, 2022
nationthailand
Towel factory severely damaged in fire

Towel factory severely damaged in fire

SUNDAY, June 03, 2018

A fire broke out at a towel factory in Samut Prakan province early on Sunday.

Located in Suksawas Soi 84 in Phra Samut Chedi district, the factory, owned by Saharoj Textle (1991) Co Ltd, manufactured towels for both the domestic and overseas markets. 
“About 20 workers were at work when the fire started. When they saw the blaze, they rushed to alert me,” company owner Sa-nguan Chokechainarin, 70, said.
Their efforts to use fire-extinguishers to put out the blaze were not successful. 
“There was a huge quantity of towels on the second floor where the fire started. Those towels were inflammable,” Sa-nguan said. 
It took firefighters about four hours to extinguish the fire. 
Police have now cordoned off the factory. The fire is believed to have been caused by a short circuit.

nationthailand