7 workers injured in factory fire
Seven workers were injured when an machine exploded and caught fire at a tapioca flour factory in Udon Thani's Muang district on Sunday night.
Police said the accident happened at the Thai Nam Tapioca Factory in Tambon Khok Sa-ard at 7.50pm.
Six male workers and one female suffered burns, four of them serious.
Firefighters took about 40 minutes to bring the blaze under control.
Muang Udon Thani district chief Watchain Sudlawadee quoted the factory owner, Samart Jitdeechai, as saying that the machine had overheated, exploded and caught fire.
The injured workers were initially sent to Kudjub District Hospital and the four most badly hurt were later transferred to Udon Thani Provincial Hospital.
Udon Thani Hospital director Thammanoon Wisitworatham said his staff had to transfer one of the injured to Srinakharin Hospital because two of the burn victims needed to be given special breathing equipment but his hospital only had one.