Fire destroys monk’s living quarters in Surin
A morning fire destroyed the living quarters of a monk from Wat Sawang Ban Kluay in Surin’s Rattanaburi district.
The fire started at 7.30am on Wednesday, and fire fighters took about half an hour to control the blaze after it engulfed the entire house of Phra Sompong Suriyapol.
Police suspect that the fire was caused by an electrical short circuit.
Local villagers were surprised and delighted to see that a picture of three late, much-respected monks – Luangpu Thuad, Somdej Phra Buddhachant To Promrangsi and Luangpu Mun Purito – escaped the fire.