December 23, 2013 6:28 pm
Chitpas to drop her "Bhirombhakdi" family name
Chitpas Bhirombhakdi's father announced Monday that she would change her family name in order to pursue her political career.
Jutinan, who runs Boon Rawd Trading - a business unit under Boon Rawd Brewery, wrote a statement to the media today.
"As her father, I have discussed with her on her political views but our opinions differ. Chitpas still wants to pursue her political career. My wife and I as well as Chitpas discussed this option some time ago and agreed that (she) would change her family name," Jutinan said.
Last week, the family’s patriarch, Santi, wrote Jutinan a letter, complaining about Chitpas’ poltical activities which could send negative impacts on the family and the family business.
Chitpas is known as the "Singha heiress". Boon Rawd Brewery is one of the richest in Thailand, as the maker of Singha beer.
Jutinan also apologised for Chitpas’ comment to foreign media that many Thais lack a "true understanding of democracy . . . especially in the rural areas."
"This upset a lot of people and I undertand that all Thais have equal rights and freedom and we should respect others’ opinions. Her saying is thus inappropriate. As her father, I hereby express my deep regrets and apology."
- Open-sky policy must continue, say..
- Amazon's cloud service unit draws Thai..
- Fears of further dropouts
- Employee engagement the 'top challenge'
- DHL Thailand, Environment Ministry..
- KTB aims to raise non-interest income..
- High household debt takes the fizz out..
- Saijo Denki to offer 'intelligent'..
- Toyota's new pickup to breathe new life..
- YouTube rolls out offline viewing app..
Latest stories in this category
- Thaksin's passports revoked, faces probe for lese majeste
- POLICE are investigating whether former premier..
- Big changes suggested by Cabinet for charter
- US planes may fly out of Phuket or U-Tapao
Enter Full Site
1858/129 Floor 32 Bangna-Trat Road, Bangna, Bangkok 10260 Thailand.
Tel 66-2-338-3000(Call Center), 66-2-338-3333, Fax 66-2-338-3334 ,E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operation Hours : Monday to Saturday at 8.00 am. to 5.00 pm and Sunday at 8.00 am. to 12.00 am.