December 23, 2013 6:28 pm
Chitpas to drop her "Bhirombhakdi" family name
Chitpas Bhirombhakdi's father announced Monday that she would change her family name in order to pursue her political career.
Jutinan, who runs Boon Rawd Trading - a business unit under Boon Rawd Brewery, wrote a statement to the media today.
"As her father, I have discussed with her on her political views but our opinions differ. Chitpas still wants to pursue her political career. My wife and I as well as Chitpas discussed this option some time ago and agreed that (she) would change her family name," Jutinan said.
Last week, the family’s patriarch, Santi, wrote Jutinan a letter, complaining about Chitpas’ poltical activities which could send negative impacts on the family and the family business.
Chitpas is known as the "Singha heiress". Boon Rawd Brewery is one of the richest in Thailand, as the maker of Singha beer.
Jutinan also apologised for Chitpas’ comment to foreign media that many Thais lack a "true understanding of democracy . . . especially in the rural areas."
"This upset a lot of people and I undertand that all Thais have equal rights and freedom and we should respect others’ opinions. Her saying is thus inappropriate. As her father, I hereby express my deep regrets and apology."
- 'Green' bonds a hit among corporates
- BoI changes strategy
- Better infrastructure, connectivity..
- 'Gear up' as China goes South
- Thai Airways losing pilots over pay
- Bangkok is rediscovering its riverfront,..
- Opportunities abound for investment in..
- THAI's loss estimated at Bt12bn
- HTC shoots for bigger user base in the..
- Singapore's market size forces local..
Latest stories in this category
- JWD logistics firm looks to Asean leadership by 2019 after..
- JWD InfoLogistics Co, a Thai logistics firm..
- Highlighting the issue of inequality in Thai..
- Egat set to propose infrastructure fund
- Boob Aid: Japan porn queens in 24-hour 'squeeze-a-thon'
- A group of Japanese porn actresses are preparing..
- Australian sex offender's victim says he should..
- Most of the rice tested in government warehouses..
Enter Full Site
1858/129 Floor 32 Bangna-Trat Road, Bangna, Bangkok 10260 Thailand.
Tel 66-2-338-3000(Call Center), 66-2-338-3333, Fax 66-2-338-3334 ,E-mail: email@example.com
Operation Hours : Monday to Saturday at 8.00 am. to 5.00 pm and Sunday at 8.00 am. to 12.00 am.