December 23, 2013 12:00 am
Chitpas to drop her "Bhirombhakdi" family name
Chitpas Bhirombhakdi's father announced Monday that she would change her family name in order to pursue her political career.
Jutinan, who runs Boon Rawd Trading - a business unit under Boon Rawd Brewery, wrote a statement to the media today.
"As her father, I have discussed with her on her political views but our opinions differ. Chitpas still wants to pursue her political career. My wife and I as well as Chitpas discussed this option some time ago and agreed that (she) would change her family name," Jutinan said.
Last week, the family’s patriarch, Santi, wrote Jutinan a letter, complaining about Chitpas’ poltical activities which could send negative impacts on the family and the family business.
Chitpas is known as the "Singha heiress". Boon Rawd Brewery is one of the richest in Thailand, as the maker of Singha beer.
Jutinan also apologised for Chitpas’ comment to foreign media that many Thais lack a "true understanding of democracy . . . especially in the rural areas."
"This upset a lot of people and I undertand that all Thais have equal rights and freedom and we should respect others’ opinions. Her saying is thus inappropriate. As her father, I hereby express my deep regrets and apology."
- Cross-border route to link India,..
- Thai AirAsia X spreads wings to Iran..
- New software gives the blind access to..
- Big C set for Bt6-bn expansion
- AIS last man standing for 900MHz licence..
- Google is Thai students’ ideal..
- Who benefits from the amendments to a..
- Banks ready for SME single account..
- Thailand first Asian market for..
- Credit Suisse sets sights on assets of..
Latest stories in this category
- Thailand pull off hard-fought three-set win over Peru in..
- Determined Thailand completed their World Olympic..
- At least 17 schoolgirls perish in fire, five..
- Thailand is for Thais; don’t let it become like..
Enter Full Site
1858/129 Floor 32 Bangna-Trat Road, Bangna, Bangkok 10260 Thailand.
Tel 66-2-338-3000(Call Center), 66-2-338-3333, Fax 66-2-338-3334 ,E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operation Hours : Monday to Saturday at 8.00 am. to 5.00 pm and Sunday at 8.00 am. to 12.00 am.