December 23, 2013 12:00 am
Chitpas to drop her "Bhirombhakdi" family name
Chitpas Bhirombhakdi's father announced Monday that she would change her family name in order to pursue her political career.
Jutinan, who runs Boon Rawd Trading - a business unit under Boon Rawd Brewery, wrote a statement to the media today.
"As her father, I have discussed with her on her political views but our opinions differ. Chitpas still wants to pursue her political career. My wife and I as well as Chitpas discussed this option some time ago and agreed that (she) would change her family name," Jutinan said.
Last week, the family’s patriarch, Santi, wrote Jutinan a letter, complaining about Chitpas’ poltical activities which could send negative impacts on the family and the family business.
Chitpas is known as the "Singha heiress". Boon Rawd Brewery is one of the richest in Thailand, as the maker of Singha beer.
Jutinan also apologised for Chitpas’ comment to foreign media that many Thais lack a "true understanding of democracy . . . especially in the rural areas."
"This upset a lot of people and I undertand that all Thais have equal rights and freedom and we should respect others’ opinions. Her saying is thus inappropriate. As her father, I hereby express my deep regrets and apology."
- Privacy law ‘needed for PromptPay’
- Krungsri plans subsidiary for start-up,..
- Carlsberg committed to long-term..
- Thailand, UK to work on FTA
- AIG to launch Thailand’s first cyber..
- Philippines takes Thailand to WTO
- Thai farmers urged to embrace innovation
- 23,000 blacklisted in major crackdown
- Myanmar restaurants seek more govt..
- ‘Sandbox’ to monitor fin-tech
Latest stories in this category
- Thailand aims to become centre for organic farming
- THAILAND is promoting itself as the centre of..
- UNIQLO to widen its reach with online store
- Thais warm to global auctions
- Seven injured when car crashes into Erawan Shrine's ground
- A motorist got a seizure before her car lost..
- Don’t force me, says Prayut
- Governor Sukhumbhand risks suspension in..
Enter Full Site
1858/129 Floor 32 Bangna-Trat Road, Bangna, Bangkok 10260 Thailand.
Tel 66-2-338-3000(Call Center), 66-2-338-3333, Fax 66-2-338-3334 ,E-mail: email@example.com
Operation Hours : Monday to Saturday at 8.00 am. to 5.00 pm and Sunday at 8.00 am. to 12.00 am.