December 23, 2013 6:28 pm
Chitpas to drop her "Bhirombhakdi" family name
Chitpas Bhirombhakdi's father announced Monday that she would change her family name in order to pursue her political career.
Jutinan, who runs Boon Rawd Trading - a business unit under Boon Rawd Brewery, wrote a statement to the media today.
"As her father, I have discussed with her on her political views but our opinions differ. Chitpas still wants to pursue her political career. My wife and I as well as Chitpas discussed this option some time ago and agreed that (she) would change her family name," Jutinan said.
Last week, the family’s patriarch, Santi, wrote Jutinan a letter, complaining about Chitpas’ poltical activities which could send negative impacts on the family and the family business.
Chitpas is known as the "Singha heiress". Boon Rawd Brewery is one of the richest in Thailand, as the maker of Singha beer.
Jutinan also apologised for Chitpas’ comment to foreign media that many Thais lack a "true understanding of democracy . . . especially in the rural areas."
"This upset a lot of people and I undertand that all Thais have equal rights and freedom and we should respect others’ opinions. Her saying is thus inappropriate. As her father, I hereby express my deep regrets and apology."
- Chinese tourists boost Thai economy but..
- Carabao wins sponsorship deal with..
- Singaporean casino operator interested..
- Central Pattana to accommodate Ikea's..
- Shifting Thailand into the 'third wave'
- Sustainable tourism for Hua Hin
- Three Thai banks join IFC's microfinance..
- PM assures Japanese investors
- Singapore expands its news outlets
- Family businesses 'need strong corporate..
Latest stories in this category
- Euro group awaits Greek government's next move
- Asian markets slip after voters' resounding..
- Government told not to rush West coast..
- SME Bank targets 20 firms to join new trust fund..
- Chiang Mai citizens struggle with an avalanche of..
- DESPITE its scenic beauty, green spaces and strict..
- Experts split over subs plan
- Chinese tourists boost Thai economy but stir..
Enter Full Site
1858/129 Floor 32 Bangna-Trat Road, Bangna, Bangkok 10260 Thailand.
Tel 66-2-338-3000(Call Center), 66-2-338-3333, Fax 66-2-338-3334 ,E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operation Hours : Monday to Saturday at 8.00 am. to 5.00 pm and Sunday at 8.00 am. to 12.00 am.