December 23, 2013 6:28 pm
Chitpas to drop her "Bhirombhakdi" family name
Chitpas Bhirombhakdi's father announced Monday that she would change her family name in order to pursue her political career.
Jutinan, who runs Boon Rawd Trading - a business unit under Boon Rawd Brewery, wrote a statement to the media today.
"As her father, I have discussed with her on her political views but our opinions differ. Chitpas still wants to pursue her political career. My wife and I as well as Chitpas discussed this option some time ago and agreed that (she) would change her family name," Jutinan said.
Last week, the family’s patriarch, Santi, wrote Jutinan a letter, complaining about Chitpas’ poltical activities which could send negative impacts on the family and the family business.
Chitpas is known as the "Singha heiress". Boon Rawd Brewery is one of the richest in Thailand, as the maker of Singha beer.
Jutinan also apologised for Chitpas’ comment to foreign media that many Thais lack a "true understanding of democracy . . . especially in the rural areas."
"This upset a lot of people and I undertand that all Thais have equal rights and freedom and we should respect others’ opinions. Her saying is thus inappropriate. As her father, I hereby express my deep regrets and apology."
- Super GT race all set to blast down..
- Authority wants to boost Ranong Port's..
- Honda launches Mobilio MPV
- Experts pinpoint tourism setbacks
- Income tax to drop
- Scoot posts Bt636m loss in 2 years amid..
- Govt aid helps boost incomes for..
- Banks set to cash in after negative..
- CEOs reveal strategies for success in..
Latest stories in this category
- Calls for freedom as police end talk
- Forum had nothing to do with Thailand, was on..
- Tourist police, charity rescue German beggar
- Prayuth apologises for bikini remark after global..
Enter Full Site
1858/129 Floor 32 Bangna-Trat Road, Bangna, Bangkok 10260 Thailand.
Tel 66-2-338-3000(Call Center), 66-2-338-3333, Fax 66-2-338-3334 ,E-mail: email@example.com
Operation Hours : Monday to Saturday at 8.00 am. to 5.00 pm and Sunday at 8.00 am. to 12.00 am.