December 23, 2013 6:28 pm
Chitpas to drop her "Bhirombhakdi" family name
Chitpas Bhirombhakdi's father announced Monday that she would change her family name in order to pursue her political career.
Jutinan, who runs Boon Rawd Trading - a business unit under Boon Rawd Brewery, wrote a statement to the media today.
"As her father, I have discussed with her on her political views but our opinions differ. Chitpas still wants to pursue her political career. My wife and I as well as Chitpas discussed this option some time ago and agreed that (she) would change her family name," Jutinan said.
Last week, the family’s patriarch, Santi, wrote Jutinan a letter, complaining about Chitpas’ poltical activities which could send negative impacts on the family and the family business.
Chitpas is known as the "Singha heiress". Boon Rawd Brewery is one of the richest in Thailand, as the maker of Singha beer.
Jutinan also apologised for Chitpas’ comment to foreign media that many Thais lack a "true understanding of democracy . . . especially in the rural areas."
"This upset a lot of people and I undertand that all Thais have equal rights and freedom and we should respect others’ opinions. Her saying is thus inappropriate. As her father, I hereby express my deep regrets and apology."
- Rice farmers now reliant on 'low' market..
- Foreign investors look to Philippines,..
- New govt needed by July: economists
- TCEB unveils online marketing strategy..
- Buyback of PTT 'a bad idea'
- Japan SMEs eye Thailand
- GreenBiz Forum names top environmental..
- Eleven Thais make Forbes' billionaires..
- Two women with a life's passion for..
- Two Thais make Forbes' 'top 50 Asian..
Latest stories in this category
- Make the right decisions in time of crisis to gain long-term..
- Over the past few months, Thailand's economy has..
- VN's footwear sector expands footprint in Thai..
- Aggregate net earnings of listed firms up 7.22 per..
- Call for partition adds fuel to fire
- Military calls for legal action over sedition;..
- Group issues statement saying govt is illegitimate
- Prayuth urges CMPO to act against red-shirt leader..
Enter Full Site
1858/129 Floor 32 Bangna-Trat Road, Bangna, Bangkok 10260 Thailand.
Tel 66-2-338-3000(Call Center), 66-2-338-3333, Fax 66-2-338-3334 ,E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operation Hours : Monday to Saturday at 8.00 am. to 5.00 pm and Sunday at 8.00 am. to 12.00 am.