EMC transforms velocity channel partner program
EMC Corporation has announced significant enhancements to the EMC Velocity Solution Provider partner program that will make EMC's cloud computing and Big Data technologies and solutions available to more customers - particularly in the rapidly growing mid-market segment.
EMC announced that it would continue to emphasize on ensuring that Velocity Partners are well prepared to sell and/or service EMC products and solutions so that customers can be confident they are working with the industry's competent solution providers to support their business requirements.
EMC said the following program changes are effective immediately:
1) New Target Products Rebate for Premier and Signature Partners - Provides top Velocity partners with a predictable income stream via rebates paid on sales of targeted EMC technologies that align to the company's key mid-market initiatives. Eligible products include EMC VNX and VNXe unified storage, EMC Avamar and EMC Data Domain backup and recovery solutions, and server Flash caching solution EMC VFCache. This rebate is paid from the first sale and is in addition to - and can be combined with - EMC's existing performance-based Specialty rebate.
2) Changes to Velocity Specialty Requirements Focus on Fortifying Selling Capabilities
- The program no longer requires partners to earn an implementation certification to achieve a Specialty. While EMC encourages partners to become services-enabled, removing this requirement from the reseller program now allows pure-play resellers a more direct path to achieving Velocity Specialties, where benefit opportunities accelerate.
- There is no longer a revenue requirement for partners to achieve a Specialty.
- Three Specialties are now required for Signature (top tier) partners worldwide, reflecting the most advanced level of competency required of the top tier partners in positioning and selling a broad range of EMC's technologies.
3) EMC Isilon Partner Program Integrated into Velocity Program - Former Isilon partners can now become eligible for Velocity benefits on other EMC products, and existing EMC resellers can become eligible to earn benefits from selling Isilon - all within the integrated Velocity program.
4) More Products Eligible for Financial Benefits in Velocity Specialties - To help partners align their portfolio with the growing demand for cloud and Big Data solutions, the following products are now eligible for financial benefits within the Backup and Recovery Specialty: EMC Mozy cloud backup, EMC Atmos object-based cloud storage platform, and EMC Centera content addressable storage. EMC Isilon scale-out network attached storage platform is also now eligible for benefits within the Consolidate Specialty.
5) Amplified Demand Generation: More Market Development Funds (MDF), More Qualified Leads - EMC is doubling its investment in demand generation funds, programs, and resources to develop highly qualified opportunities for partners and accelerate revenue growth.
6) Velocity Services Invests in Enhanced Tools, Offerings, and Resources to Accelerate Services Enablement with Partners:
- Expanded library of online and video-instructor-led services training provides a more convenient and efficient way for partners to access EMC's industry-recognized EMC Proven Professional technical training.
- New online labs allow partners to more efficiently and effectively hone practical implementation skills on EMC technology in a proctored virtual environment.
- New offering in the EMC Cooperative Services portfolio provides partners EMC guidance on their solution design, as well as post-implementation review. As with all EMC Cooperative Service offerings, the partner maintains full control of the customer relationship, and has the depth of EMC expertise in the background to ensure quality implementations.