Adobe launches Photoshop Touch for mobile phones
Adobe Systems Incorporated Thursday announced the immediate availability of a new version of Adobe Photoshop Touch, which is optimised for iPhone, iPod touch, and Android smart phones.The phone app brings core features of Photoshop desktop software to mobile devices and offers similar intuitive, touch-based gestures and features.
"Mobile phones are increasingly becoming the primary tool for people to take and edit photos," said Winston Hendrickson, vice president products, Creative Media Solutions, Adobe.
"Adobe is dedicated to serving our customers' evolving creative workflow and we heard, loud and clear, that Photoshop fans wanted some core Adobe imaging magic on their smartphones."
Adobe Photoshop Touch for phone offers powerful new capabilities for smartphone users:
- Enhance images using popular Photoshop features such as layers, selection tools, filters, tonal and color adjustments
- Apply effects and add graphical text for endless creative possibilities
- Edit images as large as 12 megapixels with layers
- Combine images together quickly using the Scribble Selection feature, and easily refine your selection with the Refine Edge tool
- Automatically sync images to Adobe Creative Cloud™ with free 2GB of storage
Photoshop Touch for phone is integrated with Adobe Creative Cloud and includes access to 2GB of Creative Cloud storage with a free account.
Users can sync photos and projects to Creative Cloud, and then continue working with the files from a tablet or Photoshop desktop software.
Adobe Photoshop Touch for phone is immediately available in the Apple App Store and Google Play for Bt148.86. For iOS devices, the app requires iOS 5, iPhone 4S and iPod touch 5th generation; Android phones must run Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later.