A People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) leader on Thursday condemned the M-79 attack on the Rajadomneon rally site and assured the public that that the attack would not affect the PDRC's objectives.
PDRC core leader Thaworn Senneam described the attacks early this morning, which killed at least three people, as outrageously violent.
He said that the PDRC guards had tried their best to secure the rally site. “But because of its large size, it’s very hard to control safety. The size also facilitates the attacks,” Thaworn said.
He also called on the security authorities to impose stricter control at the checkpoints surrounding the rally site, pointing out that no arrests had been made in this or earlier attacks. Even after today’s incidents, officers at the checkpoints had failed to search anybody for weapons
He noted that the PDRC's secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban had admitted that the attack would discourage protesters, the PDRC would not deviate from its goals.