The Nation




December 2 9.15pm: Clashes break out at Chamai Maruchet Bridge and Oratai Bridge as protesters attempt to break through police barricades to get into Government House. Constant gunfire and explosions was heard and police prisoner-transport trucks burned.


7am: Bangkok Metropolitan Administration's Erawan Health Emergency Centre announced that 119 people were injured in Monday's encounters between anti-government protesters and police surrounding Government House.

_ Police helicopters drop copies of the arrest warrants for rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban over Democracy Monument on Rajdamnoen Avenue and the Government Complex rally site on Chaeng Wattana Road. Officers in helicopters warn protesters to leave the rally sites.

_ Demonstrators at all rally sites prepare to march to the Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) in keeping with Suthep's vow that protesters would seize it by 3pm.

8am: MPB commissioner Pol Lt-General Camronwit Toopgrajank says he will allow protesters to reach the bureau. He also promises that police guarding the bureau will no longer fire tear gas to fend off protesters.

9am: Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra chairs a Cabinet meeting at the Army Club on Vibhavadi Road, but does not comment on the protest.

10am: Police remove one barrier at First Infantry Division intersection, allowing protest leaders led by Chumphon Junsai and Thaworn Senneam to move closer to the MPB on Sri Ayutthaya Road. Authorities allow protesters to follow at 10.40am.

10.30am: The Public Health Ministry announces that four people were killed in the unrest in Bangkok from Saturday until Tuesday morning.

11am: Protesters successfully remove barriers at Chamai Maruchet Bridge and Oratai Bridge, allowing them to enter the compound of Government House on Phitsanulok Road. They gather outside and give flowers to police representatives.

11.15am: Protest leader Satit Wongnongtaey declares victory on the Rajdamnoen rally stage after protesters successfully occupy the MPB and Government House. Protest leader Issara Somchai leads demonstrators on a "victory march" around Bangkok.

Noon: Army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha asks protesters to leave Government House after completing their "symbolic activities".

12.45pm: Protesters march into the compound at Government House. They sit down in the Thai Khu Fah field and eat lunch there before leaving.

2pm: Protesters leave the Government House compound.

Suthep announces at the Government Complex rally site that the occupation of the police headquarters and Government House were only a part of victory and that protests against the "Thaksin regime" would continue.

2.40pm: Satit announces today as a "Big Cleaning Day" for the area near Democracy Monument in preparation to celebrate HM the King's birthday tomorrow.

5pm: Yingluck calls on TV for representatives from all parts of society to join in political reform.

Comments conditions

Users are solely responsible for their comments.We reserve the right to remove any comment and revoke posting rights for any reason withou prior notice.