After 10 years of negotiation, Asean's much-anticipated Asean Economic Community (AEC) comes into effect at the end of this year.
Officially, it's not "populism" (prachaniyom). It's "pracharath". And there is no precise English..
NOT MANY hands get raised in typical Thai-style classrooms. Not many teachers will provide time for..
Call me ignorant or naive, but the thing that concerns me as far as the Internet goes is speed...
THE Thai ambassador to Washington, Pisan Manawapat, said he will not waste a minute rebuilding..
The US Federal Reserve decided to keep its zero interest rate unchanged on Wednesday. But the..
tell it as it is
Democracy has fewer than 10 core principles, two of which are the right of people to choose, by a..
The systematic harassment of men like Artef Sohko has shut down grass-roots activism and blocked the..
In December 2012, a clip was posted on YouTube showing a golden eagle swooping down on a family in a..
Something that touches your heart always stays in your mind. "We could all become refugees one day,"..
Just a few decades ago, the population of the Asia-Pacific region was dominated by the young. Now,..
- Prayut, Thaksin and the UN (which is..
- Why journalists shouldn't double as..
- Fear grows of another stolen poll in..
- Edward Snowden's new bombshell
- Pracharath versus prachaniyom: 50 shades..
- Persecuting the peacemakers: A dismal..
- Prayut's speech at UN general assembly
- Turning grey into gold: Asia-Pacific's..
- Safe sex: A little help from Mum and..
- US must explain CIA visits to red..
Re: "Pain is pain", Letters, October 4.
Re: "Think before speaking", "Past tense, future imperfect" and "Making a point on language", Letters, October 2 and 4.
Re: "Thailand should consider TPP trade deal with US", Letters, October 5.