The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) yesterday released information on politicians' assets.
The NACC revealed details of asset disclosures by 491 ex-members of Parliament whose terms finished with the dissolution of the House of Representatives in December.
The declared assets were in combination with those owned by the spouses.
- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra had Bt603 million in assets and Bt28 million in liabilities. Her assets increased since taking office by more than Bt50 million.
- Caretaker Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung had Bt178 million in assets.
- The poorest is former Pheu Thai Party MP Teeyai Poonsrithanagul with Bt6.6 billion in liabilities.
- The richest is former Democrat Party-list MP Prakob Chirakiti with Bt2.1 billion in assets.
- Democrat Party spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut declared only Bt45,061 in assets, and Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva declared Bt54 million. The following are assets and liabilities of nine People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) protest leaders as revealed by the National Anti-Corruption Commission: - Suthep Thaugsuban, secretary general of the PDRC:
Assets: Bt210 million, including Bt3.57 million bank deposits, Bt177 million worth of land and Bt26 million worth of motor vehicles.
Liabilities: Bt323 million in debt, mostly in bank loans.
- Nataphol Teepsuwan, former Democrat Party MP for Bangkok:
Combined assets with wife: Bt1.59 billion including Bt261 million in investment money.
Combined liabilities with wife: Less than Bt1 million.
- Satit Wongnongtaey, former Trang province Democrat MP:
Combined assets with wife: Bt66 million, mostly in land.
Liabilities: Bt9.1 million in debt, mostly in bank loans.
- Akanat Promphan, former Democrat Party MP for Bangkok:
Assets after debt deduction: Bt101 million. This includes bank deposits of Bt2.4 million and Bt10 million in investments.
He also owns a Patek Philippe wristwatch worth Bt1.8 million and a Bt4.4-million car.
- Thaworn Senneam, former Songkhla Democrat MP:
Combined assets with wife after debt deduction: Bt100 million.
- Witthaya Kaewparadai, former Nakhon Si Thammarat MP for Democrat Party:
Combined assets with wife after debt deduction: Bt20 million.
- Issara Somchai, former party-list MP for the Democrat Party:
Combined assets with wife after debt deduction: Bt15 million.
- Buddhipongse Punnakanta, former Democrat MP for Bangkok:
Combined assets with wife after debt deduction: Bt83 million.
- Chumphon Junsai, former Chumphon Democrat MP:
Combined assets with wife after debt deduction: Bt81 million.