Dead star's brothers to finish 'Fast and Furious 7'
April 16, 2014 00:00 2,178 Viewed
LOS ANGELES - Late "Fast and Furious" star Paul Walker's brothers will stand in for him to complete the seventh movie in the blockbuster franchise, after the actor's death, filmmakers said Tuesday.
Walker had completed much of his part in filming "Fast and Furious 7" before he died in November aged 40, in a high-speed car crash in California.
His brothers Caleb and Cody will replace him to finish shooting for the film, due out next year. Walker played Brian O'Conner, an undercover federal agent.
"Our family experienced an unthinkable shock in November. We had to take time to grieve Paul, the brother we love and lost, and to figure out if we should move on with our film," said a statement on the film's Facebook page.
"We came together and all felt the only choice was to continue. We believe our fans want that, and we believe Paul would want that too. Paul had already shot his dramatic scenes and most of his action for FAST & FURIOUS 7, and it's among the strongest work of his career."
They added: "We have resumed shooting and now welcome Paul's brothers, Caleb and Cody, into our 'Fast' family. Caleb and Cody are helping us complete some remaining action for their brother and fill in small gaps left in production.
"Having them on set has made us all feel that Paul is with us too."