Hundreds of families evacuated following smog caused by garbage disposal site fire
March 17, 2014 00:00 2,072 Viewed
Hundreds of families in nearby communities were evacuated to escape smog caused by a massive fire at a garbage disposal site in Samut Prakan's Muang district.
Hundreds of families in Saensuk Cooperative community and Thanyaporn Community left their houses after midnight and took a shelter at the Tambon Praeksa Administrative Organisation’s building or at their relatives’ homes.
About 30 families living near the Praeksa disposal site left their houses at about 1:56 am Monday.
The fire started at about noon on Sunday. More than 20 fire engines tried but failed to stop the fire so far. The massive blaze caused black smoke and smog in the air, affecting people living nearby.