The Nation

national

Smaller
Larger

Three adults and boy, 10, killed by fire in furniture store in Phuket

Four people, including a 10-year-old boy, were killed in a fire at a furniture store in Phuket's Muang district yesterday.

Police suspect a short-circuit caused this fire around 2am and reportedly spread from the ground floor to the second and then the third floor.

The shop's owner, Chanhom Chakkaew, 51, jumped from the second floor to escape the fire and broke an arm and a leg.

It took firefighters with five trucks over two hours to control the blaze. They found the four bodies - identified as Mongkol Reunchai, 45, Nucharee Reunchai, 42, Theerawat Reunchai, 10, and Thanya Kannapat, 32 - on the third floor.

In related news, there was a fire at a Thai Kwang Lung factory, which manufactures coconut fibre for export furniture, in Chumphon's Lang Suan district yesterday at about 1pm.

It is believed sparks from an overheated machine caused the fire. Damage was estimated at Bt10 million.




Comments conditions

Users are solely responsible for their comments.We reserve the right to remove any comment and revoke posting rights for any reason withou prior notice.