The Nation

national

Smaller
Larger

House destroyed by explosion

The police's explosive ordinance disposal team yesterday inspected the scene in Chachoengsao's Muang district where a house belonging to a fireworks business owner was destroyed and a six-year-old girl was killed in an explosion on Friday night.

As police were inspecting the house in tambon Klong Udom Chonjorn yesterday morning, the homeowner's younger brother presented them with a permit to manufacture and store fireworks.

The permit issued to the homeowner, Worawut Penjawattana, 36, expired on March 9.

The family's relatives said the some 1,000 ping pong firecrackers that exploded might not have been the cause of the explosion.

They said police found that the blast occurred near a microwave in the kitchen where there were many battery-charging devices and three electric bicycle toys.

Police found some other 2,000 ready-made fireworks and ping pong firecrackers that didn't explode in another room.


Comments conditions

Users are solely responsible for their comments.We reserve the right to remove any comment and revoke posting rights for any reason withou prior notice.