The Nation

national

Smaller
Larger

Girl dies from food poisoning; 159 schoolmates got affected

A Hmong boarding school student died from food poising while 159 other students are recovering in Chiang Rai's Mae Fa Luang district, a state official said yesterday.

The incident took place on Tuesday at Ban Hmong Kao Lang School after the students were given boxes of chicken on oily rice as part of a merit-making ceremony.

Seventeen of the students had to go to hospital. A 12-year-old girl was pronounced dead early on Friday morning.

Mae Fah Luang district chief Worayan Boonnarat said 12 students remained in hospital yesterday - two in a critical condition.

He said he had instructed officials to investigate and find preventative measures to reduce the risk of something like this happening again.


Comments conditions

Users are solely responsible for their comments.We reserve the right to remove any comment and revoke posting rights for any reason withou prior notice.