Fire at Samut Prakan garbage disposal site
A huge fire broke out yesterday at a garbage disposal site in Samut Prakan province, while local residents were affected by the resulting fumes.
The fire started at around 1pm and continued for several hours, as biogas from the garbage continued to fuel the blaze, firemen said. It took 10 fire trucks several hours before they could contain the flames late in the evening. However, the fires persisted in the lower layers of garbage, amid a huge pile at a disposal site covering more than 100 rai.
Police ruled out foul play and said the cause was likely the high temperature that ignited the biogas.