Bus route No. 8 offers poorest service: public bus poll
Transport Minister Chadchart Sittipunt's Facebook poll said Bangkok bus's route No. 8 was voted the worst bus service.
The route won 223 points for the poor services.
Ranked second was the route No. 44 (31 points), followed by the route No. 1 (23 points), the routes No. 16 and 92 (18 points) and the routes No. 75 and 122 (17 points).
Other routes with more than five votes included the routes No. 6, 12, 27, 28, 29, 33, 38, 39, 56, 67, 71, 77, 79, 82, 108, 123 and 206.
1. Bus drivers’ speeding, reckless and road rage driving
2. Bus drivers’ failure to pick up passengers at bus stop, to properly pull up at bus stop
3. Deterioration of bus condition
4. Parking for too long, waiting for more customers, leading to traffic jam and onboard passengers’ waste of time
5. Few buses on some routes such as Lat Phrao-Muang Thong, Thon Buri-Bangkok Yai-Wongwian Yai and Kaset Nawamin Road
6. Inconsistency of bus availability at certain periods of the day
7. Bus service at some routes too short, ending by 9pm
8. Private and small bus employees’ poor manner and service skill, alcohol drinking/smoking
9. Taxis and public transport vans parking on left lane, causing traffic jam
10. Lack of information at bus stops.
The poll's results would be analysed and submitted to the minister.
Chadchart is on the mission to overhaul the public bus service.