Fire at Samut Sakhon factory


A fire that broke out at a furniture-making factory in Samut Sakhon's Muang district yesterday morning caused Bt30 million in damage, a district chief said.

Police suspected the fire was caused by an electrical short circuit.

Fire fighters from 20 fire trucks took over two hours to get the fire under control, after it broke out at about 6am at the rear of the factory, where finished products were stored and a garage was located, Muang district chief Pisal Samransab said.

The fire damaged many wooden furniture products that were about to be shipped to customers, plus three pickups parked in the garage.

Security guard Sunthorn Aikaew said he spotted smoke coming out of the garage and saw the fire spread quickly to other parts of the building, so he alerted supervisors and police.


Do you like this story?





Privacy Policy (c) 2007 www.nationmultimedia.com Thailand

1854 Bangna-Trat Road, Bangna, Bangkok 10260 Thailand.

Tel 66-2-338-3000(Call Center), 66-2-338-3333, Fax 66-2-338-3334 ,E-mail: customer@nationgroup.com

Operation Hours : Monday to Saturday at 8.00 am. to 5.00 pm and Sunday at 8.00 am. to 12.00 am.