The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) turns its attention to cuisine with what it is calling a “tourism food festival from the source” on the theme “Thailand Live Gastronomy”.
The festival, which will showcase world-famous Thai cuisine from the country’s five regions, aims to build on a creative culture of local food and open the door to exciting tourist destinations across the kingdom. Running from August 25-27 between 11am and 9pm at Siam Square Soi 7, it’s being held in collaboration with the Property Management Office of Chulalongkorn University.
Some highlights of the event are:
- Fishermen “villages” from Southern Thailand featuring fresh seafood
- The Original: Delicious routes are traced to top restaurants in the country’s five regions.
- Bangkok’s renowned street food: A showcase of specially selected street food from seven areas famous for their exclusive dishes.
- Thailand Signature: Taste six Thai signature dishes that bring pride to the country -- Tom Yum Kung, Pad Thai, Som Tam, Green Curry, Massaman Curry and Tom Kha Gai. Tuk-tuks are modified into food trucks.
- Gastronomy Innovation: Catch interesting Thai cooking demonstrations using modern technology and innovation to create savoury food with the help of both science and art by top chefs specialized in molecular gastronomy.
- Fruit shop: Taste and buy a diverse range of Thai fruits, either fresh from orchards or processed.
- Organic food: Here quality goes hand-in-hand with health, as agricultural goods from a new generation of Thai farmer networks are presented.
- All about rice: Experience a wide array of rice dishes, with both rice and rice fare on sale.
The event also features Thai martial arts and performances by leading artists other interesting activities. Find out more at tourismthailand.org/thaifest.