A lawyer and relatives of those who died during the 2010 unrest filed a petition on Monday to the Attorney General’s Office (OAG) seeking the expedition of cases concerning the deaths of the protesters.
Chokechai Ang-kaew submitted the petition to Attorney-General Khemchai Chutiwong via his deputy spokesperson, Kosolwat Inthuchanyong, who said the OAG would expedite the cases as requested if they had already been forwarded to the office.
However, Kosolwat said he had no idea as yet which cases had been submitted to the OAG.
Chokechai said that although the Supreme Court had dismissed the case against then-prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and his deputy Suthep Thaugsuban, who were in charge of the situation at the time, citing that the case should have been filed by the National Anti-Corruption Commission – not the Department of Special Investigation – other authorities had been pinpointed during the court’s forensic fact-finding deliberations.
Relatives of the deceased have learned that some cases were submitted to the OAG, therefore they now wish to follow them up as they feel the cases in question have been handled relatively sluggishly, he explained.
For instance, some authorities have been pinpointed as being involved with the 2010 deaths of red-shirt demonstrators inside Wat Pathum Wanaram, but further details have been held back, the lawyer said the relatives were claiming.