The Phuket seastead removal operation on Monday was a success, according to the Royal Thai Navy.
The controversial structure is now under guard at the Port of Thailand.
The Royal Thai Navy said they are confident in the evidence they have collected for any litigation that may follow the structure’s removal from its location in international waters some 22 kilometres off the coast of Phuket.
Three royal ships and about 300 Navy officers, led by the Third Naval Area Command, were involved in the operation on Monday morning to dismantle the seastead off the coast of Phuket and take it ashore.
The officers started by separating the seastead structure from its pylon and floating pontoon.
The structure was taken to the Phuket Deep Sea Port in Cape Panwa, arriving at about 10pm last night. It will be kept as evidence for legal cases.
The Navy said they were not afraid of being sued over their actions.
The Ocean Builders Company has foreshadowed legal action over actions by the Thai Government and the Navy regarding the seastead. The removed unit had been proposed by its owners as the first of many similar structures for an offshore colony.