New concert promoter Teddy Time gets off to a good start by bringing international stars Kygo and Mariah Carey to Bangkok
Teddy Auto Sales – a car dealer focusing on imported premium cars – is spreading its wings with the introduction of Teddy Time, a new brand that aims to bring exciting music to Bangkok. It’s getting off to a good start too with upcoming concerts by Kygo and Mariah Carey.
“Teddy Time comes from my passion for music and is being made possible through the collaboration of partners,” says Kris Srithongsathien, managing director of the new promoter and son of car dealer Chukiat.
“We are a new promoter with the ability to delight and amaze. We are launching the business with shows by Norwegian DJ Kygo and pop diva Mariah Carey.”
Toemyot Dechsupa, Howard Chen, Chukiat Srithongsathian, Kris Srithongsathien
Kygo’s concert at Live Park Rama 9 on October 22 marks his debut in Thailand and is part of his “Kids in Love” tour. Fans can look forward to moving to the grooves of Tropical House music and experiencing the deeper sounds of the EDM genre. During the concert, Kygo will also perform a live set featuring tracks from his latest album “Kids in Love”.
Kygo garnered international attention with his hit “Firestone”, which has earned more than 500 million views on YouTube, as well as his remix of the track “I See Fire” by Ed Sheeran, and his latest track “Born To Be Yours” in collaboration with Imagine Dragons.
Kris and Chukiat Srithongsathian talk about their new venture Teddy Time.
Carey, a favourite with Thai fans, will show off her vocal power at Hall 106 of Bitec Bangna on November 9.
“While we have chosen to open with international stars, we are also paying attention to Thai artists. Our aim is to boost the economy,” says Kris.
One of Teddy Time’s partners is One Systems Production, with president Howard Chen and vice president Toemyot Dechsupa supporting the stage production and lighting and sound system.
“There are a lot of new concert promoters coming out but only Teddy Time is starting with concerts by two world-famous artists,” Chen notes.
Sarunrat “Lydia” Deane performs covers of Mariah Carey’s songs during the launch of Teddy Time.
“The production of these two shows is both challenging and spectacular, and will be, without exaggeration, the biggest concerts organised in Thailand. Our goal is to match the quality of the production of the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in California,” adds Toemyot.
DJ Ono and DJ Ziki are among the artists opening for Kygo.
“We will be using a light and sound system on a stage structure measuring 30 metres wide, 24 metres deep and 20 metres high. It weighs 80 metric tonnes and can carry 70 tonnes of instruments. It’s the same stage system that was used 300 times during the world tour of the Jacky Cheung. So our audience will not only enjoy world famous artists but also the world’s best concert production by Thai expert crews.”
To celebrate the company’s grand opening, several Thai celebrities were invited to attend last month’s party at Helix Garden, EmQuartier.
- Tickets for Kygo’s “Kids in Love Tour” concert cost Bt2,500 and Bt5,000 for VIP.
- For the “Mariah Carey Live in Bangkok 2018”. Prices start at Bt3,500 and rise to Bt15,000 for VIP.
- They’re available at Thai Ticket Major counters, by calling (02) 262 3456 and online at www.ThaiTicketMajor.com.
- The VIP package of “Kids in Love” includes a premium view platform guaranteeing breathtaking views of the stage, a fast track entry, access to all zones (VIP, Standing A, Standing B), a commemorative poster, and a One Systems commemorative VIP lanyard.
- The VIP package of “Mariah Carey Live in Bangkok 2018” includes win a chance to meet & greet and take a photo with the diva, premium front seat viewing zone, access to the VIP lounge from 68pm, fast track entry, a commemorative poster, and a commemorative VIP pass & lanyard.
- Follow the updated information at Facebook.com/teddytime.th, Instagram @teddytime.th, and Twitter @teddytimeth.