Smoking man with Parkinson’s killed in hay fire

Breaking News October 16, 2018 09:33

By The Nation

A Lop Buri man with Parkinson’s disease died after he was trapped in a fire that burned a stack of hay he was leaning on while sitting and smoking a cigarette on Monday evening, police said.



Relatives said they watched helplessly while Sophee Wongdee, 50, screamed for help as the fire engulfed him and the stack of hay near his house in Moo 11 village in Tambon Pattananikhom in Pattananikhom district.

Firefighters took about half an hour to put out the blaze, which left Sophee's body charred.

Relatives said Sophee had motion difficulties because of the Parkinson's disease. He liked to sit with his back against the hay while smoking as he enjoyed a chilling breeze at the spot.

Most view