A Thai man has been found dead inside the bathroom of his house in Thalang.
Police were notified of the incident at a house in the Prompan Housing estate in Paklok on Sunday afternoon.
Police and rescue workers arrived to find the body of 27-year-old Samart Nakpong lying on the floor.
Near the body they found a bottle of hydrochloric acid, a bottle of energy drink and a small camping stove. They also found two letters talking about his health issues and apologies to his family.
Samart’s older sister, Sompohn Middleton, told police that Samart had health problems.
A police spokesman said: “Sompohn and other family members had just returned from lunch and could smell the chemicals inside the house.
Sompohn called Samart inside the toilet but there was no answer. So they broke down the toilet door and found his body.”
Samart’s body was taken to Thalang Hospital for further examination while police continue their investigation.