A Khon Kaen school director has been transferred over the latest school-lunch scandal.
Anuban Khon Kaen School’s director Apichart Nalao must report to work at Khon Kaen’s Primary Educational Service Area 1 office from today onward for allegedly allowing the school to serve only a meatless bowl of rice to students for lunch.
“We are investigating the allegation,” the office’s chief Phumipat Ruanglae said yesterday.
Last Friday, several parents called on the government to investigate the quality of lunch served at Anuban Khon Kaen School.
Phumipat said the investigation had so far learned that the lunch supplier had won the contract to provide lunch for the school through an e-auction.
“The Education Ministry has provided a lunch budget via the Interior Ministry at no more than Bt20 per meal per head. The supplier offered a lower price than Bt20 to win the approval,” Phumipat said.
Apichart called a meeting with parents on Saturday to discuss lunch-quality issues.
He said he had already threatened to cancel the contract with the supplier if it failed to improve the lunch quality within two weeks.