The ailing owner of a fierce dog in Chai Nat had to call for help to save his dog from strangling itself when its chain leash became twisted around its neck.
Livestock development officials and Ruamkatanyu Foundation officials had to use a dart to sedate the animal before it could be unchained.
The dog is owned by Sangwal Rodthong, a resident of Tambon Huay Krod in Chai Nat's Sanphaya district.
Sangwal called for help after the dog, which was chained inside a shaky wooden cage, kept twisting until the chain shortened around its neck, choking the animal.
Officials took about 30 minutes to rescue the animal and transferred it to an animal shelter as the owner is not well and can no longer take care of it.