Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Wednesday confirmed that the new Cabinet list had been forwarded for royal endorsement.
The PM on Friday had said he had finalised the fourth Cabinet reshuffle of his government and that the list was in the process of seeking royal endorsement. The matter was expected to be settled by next month, he had said.
On Tuesday, he was quoted as saying at the Cabinet meeting that the ministerial reshuffle was “nothing personal”, but all about work efficiency. Government Spokesperson Lt-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd quoted the PM as saying that the reshuffle was to enable utmost efficiency of his Cabinet's performance.
The PM urged those losing out in the reshuffle not to feel any hurt because if that were the case, he would feel the most since he was the one who had to make the decisions on who should leave and who should stay, the spokesman added.
His ministers so far have no idea about the new list. Deputy PM Wissanu Krea-ngam said on Monday that he was not aware to what extent PM Prayut had reshuffled the Cabinet, adding that he wasn’t even aware if he would be in the new Cabinet.
Another deputy PM, General Prawit Wongsuwan, said yesterday that his decision to continue working in the Cabinet would be dependent on his health.
PM Prayut had said last Friday that his senior military senior classmates like Prawit and Interior Minister General Anupong Paochinda, as well as his close friend Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister General Chatchai Sarikulya, would remain in the Cabinet. He also said that the number of military officers exiting the Cabinet would be more than those being inducted.