The nation’s anti-corruption organisation gave itself the top marks among five independent groups in its integrity and transparency assessment report released on Thursday.
The Office National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) gave itself an overall score of 90.44 while the Office of the Ombudsman ranks lowest with scores of 71.20.
The agency assessed a total of 422 state agencies based on indexes on transparency, accountability, lack of corruption, culture of integrity and integrity at work.
Agencies with scores of 80-100 are considered to have very high and transparency, those with scores of 60-79.99 are considered high, those with scores of 40-59.99 are considered average, those with scores of 20-39.99 are considered low and those with scores of 0-19.99 are considered very low.
No assessed agencies were given scores in low and very low rages.
The assessment results are divided into following categories – with some examples.
1. Courts’ administration, three offices
- Court of Justice, 92.37, highest
- Administrative Court, 88.29
- Constitutional Court, 81.79, lowest
2. Independent organisations, five offices
- NACC, 90.44, highest scores
- National Human Rights Commission, 83.94
- Office of the Ombudsman, 71.20, lowest
3. Attorney’s office, one office
- Office of the Attorney General, 78.98
4. Parliamentary offices, two offices
- Secretariat of the House of Representatives, 82.94, highest
- Secretariat of the Senate, 82.70, lowest
5. National Economic and Social Advisory Council, one office
National Economic and Social Advisory Council, 90.24
6. State enterprise agencies, 54 offices.
- Government Housing Bank, 97.97, highest
- Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives, 97.13
- Government Savings Bank, 95.79
- Police Printing Bureau, 68.80, lowest
7. Public organisations, 52 offices
- Agricultural Research Development Agency, 96.55, highest
- Designated Areas for Sustainable Tourism Administration, 96.43
- Golden Jubilee Museum of Agriculture Office, 95.14
- Thailand Arbitration Centre, 66.52, lowest
8. State departments, 147 offices
- Office of Permanent Secretary of the Public Health Ministry, 92.46, highest
- Department of Environmental Quality Promotion, 92.13
- Office of Justice Affairs, 91.46
- Office of the Welfare Promotion Commission for Teachers and Educational Personnel, 59.65, lowest
9. Provincial governor offices, 76 offices
- Chainat Governor Office, 84.76, highest
- Sakonnakhon Governor Office, 84.73
- Phayao Governor Office, 84.49
- Udonthani Governor Office, 75.11
10. National universities, 81 offices
- Bansomdejchaopraya Rajabhat University, 87.17, highest
- Ramkhamhaeng University, 85.81
- National Institute of Development Administration, 85.18
- Mahamakut Buddhist University, 57.43, lowest