The seventh edition of the popular “Performative Art Festival” kicks off tomorrow (May 15), with the launch of the Bangkok International Children's Theatre Festival 2018.
A collaboration between the BACC and the Performing Artists’ Network, the festival aims to promote performing arts as a bridge between artists and the public, as well as to encourage dialogue and the exchange of ideas between artists and audience.
This year’s event, which continues through December, will feature various types of performances from both local and international artists including live performances, a synthesis of music and drawing experience, workshops, film screening and symposium. Apart from performances, there will also be the artists’ talks and workshops on performing arts and dance. The highlights of this year’s festival include:
- The Bangkok International Children's Theatre Festival 2018 by Arts on Location and Democrazy Theatre Studio, May 15-27
- The Retreat by Democrazy Theatre Studio, August 1-12
- “Make Love, Not War by Nuttamon Pramsumran, August 30-September 16
- Concerto for Piano and Charcoal by Montien Dept, September 28-30
- “20th Year Performance Practices Archive” Asiatopia International Performance Festival by ASIATOPIA Foundation, October 19-21
- Bangkok Theatre Festival 2018 by Bangkok Theatre Network, November 1–18
- International Dance Festival 2018 by Friends of the Arts Foundation, November 22 November–December 2
- Exodus the 13th International Butoh Festival Thailand 2018by B Floor Theatre December 7– 16
Find out more and join the conversation at www.Bacc.or.th and Facebook/baccpage.