Van driver badly burned as he lights up a smoke

Breaking News February 09, 2018 12:18

By The Nation

A van driver in Chachoengsao suffered burns to his face and arms on Friday morning when he lit a cigarette and ignited leaked NGV fumes.

Police said Tawan Sangthong, 52, still managed to drive two kilometres to reach Chularat 11 Hospital in Bang Pakong district and seek treatment.

Before falling unconscious, Tawan told medical staff he’d set out from his house to pick up workers and drive them to a factory.

He said he lowered his window and turned inward to light his cigarette. There was an explosion and a “fireball” engulfed him.

His head and both arms were burned. The van’s sliding door was blasted ajar and the window curtains scorched.

Most view