A neighbour was slightly injured when a house storing fireworks in Pathum Thani erupted in a huge explosion that also damaged five nearby houses on Thursday morning.
Sam Khok Police Station was alerted of the explosion at 9am shortly after the blast reduced a house on Soi 12 in Ban Ngiew village in Tambon Ban Ngiew to wreckage.
Firefighters in 10 fire engines took about 10 minutes to put out the resulting fire.
Police said the house had been used to store fireworks that were used for funerals and other events, but they had not checked whether the owner had a licence to store fireworks on the premises.
Food vendor Somnuek Chuanchoey said she had been slightly injured when a roof tile blown away by the explosion hit her wrist.
She said her patrons jumped out of her shop after hearing the first sound.
The explosion was about 100 metres from Ban Ngies School in the same soi.
Police said no one was staying in the house at the time of explosion, whose cause had yet to be established.