AOT Plc will finalise the winner of the bidding process to manage the commercial areas at three airports – Phuket, Chiang Mai and Had Yai – on June 10 when they bought the auction envelopes document by interested firms last month, senior executive vice president Wichai Bunyu said recently.
Meanwhile, AOT Plc today opened up bidding for the private sector to submit its qualifications and technical and business plans to manage the commercial and tax-free areas of the three provincial airports.
The committee will then review the qualifications of bidders before considering technical and business plans. Those that make it that far will then have their bid price opened on June 10, with the committee announcing the winner for all three airports on that day, said Wichai. The winner would then be proposed to the company’s board for consideration on June 19.
He added that the company believed that the four private groups that purchased an auction envelope last month would today send in their proposal.
King Power Duty Free Co Ltd, acting alone, was among the four groups to purchase the auction envelope. The next group was Bangkok Airways Plc who joined with South Korea-based Hotel Lotte Co Ltd and Bangkok Airways Holding Co Ltd. The third group was Royal Orchid Hotel (Thailand) Plc jointly with Empire Asia Group and WDFG UK Ltd. The final group was Central Department Store Co Ltd with DFS Venture Singapore Co Ltd.
According to the bid rules, up to 80 per cent of the score will focus on the technical and business plan, with the remaining 20 per cent based on the monetary return to the AOT.
Wichai said that AOT has continued to maintain the revenue to be shared with AOT to not less than 20 per cent, which was the same rule for the previous bids to manage the commercial area of Suvarnabhumi International Airport. That contest was won by King Power Suvarnabhumi Co Ltd, which offered returns to AOT of over Bt2 billion a year.
Under the revenue sharing rule, the private firm that is chosen to manage the commercial area of the three provincial airports must pay at least 20 per cent yearly over a 10-year contract, he said.