Seven residents of Rayong province suffered nausea and eyes and nose irritation after an ice-making machine near their community exploded on Wednesday morning, sending out ammonia fumes.
Police said the blast happened at the Sujira Pattana ice factory in Rayong’s Muang district at 8:30 am.
The seven people were rushed to the Rayong Hospital but released after receiving treatment.
Tambon Choengnone Municipality dispatched two fire engines to spray water to control the spread of the gas. Officials were then able to turn off the valve of the ammonia gas.
The situation was brought under control in about an hour.