A fire broke out at a 8-storey hotel in Bangkok's Kloan San district early Sunday, killing one Thai client, police said.
The victim was identified as Thanawat, surname unknown, who checked in at the Grand Tower Inn on January 22.
Police said the fire was caused by a short-circuit at the power control board on the seventh floor and quickly spread to other floors.
Fire fighters and fire engines took about an hour to put out the fire.
Fire fighters rescued several tourists from the third to the eight floors. Many suffered from inhaling of smoke and were rushed to hospitals.
The body of Thanawat was found in the toilet room of his room on the third floor.