Narathiwat - A Muslim man was injured when he accidentally hit a homemade bomb hidden in a pile of garbage near his house Wednesday morning.
Police said the explosion occurred at 9 am near a house in Moo 4 village in Tambon Poryoh in Narathiwat’s Yingor district.
The house owner, Mah Saramae, 47, was slightly injured at his right leg and right ear.
He told police that he was using a stick to gather garbage near his house into a pile to burn it and he accidentally hit a box and the bomb exploded.
He said he saw two men on a motorcycle came to the spot at 5 am.