Eight buses damaged in fire in Samut Prakan
Eight air-conditioned buses of a concessionaire of the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority were damaged in a massive fire late Friday night, police said.The fire broke out while the buses were waiting for repairs at a garage inside an NGV gas station in Samut Prakan's Bangkaew district at 11:30 pm.
The fire engulfed six buses and slightly damaged two others. The buses belonged to Premium Management Co Ltd, which were used on two routes from Suwanabhumi to Lard Prao and Rangsit.
Police suspected that someone might sleep on a bus and dropped a burning cigarette butt, causing fire, or an electric short-circuit might occur because someone might be using an electric fan.
No one was injured in the blaze, which was put out by ten fire engines an hour later.
The damages were estimated at Bt20 million.