Los Angeles - All's well in the Jay-Z and Beyonce universe despite a viral video that showed the diva's sister, Solange, attacking the rap mogul following a society event last week in New York.
The celebrity couple issued their first statement Thursday since video of the fracas was released last week by the celebrity news website TMZ.com.
"There has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it," the couple said in a statement released exclusively to The Associated Press.
"Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other, and we have moved forward as a united family."
The couple denied speculation that Solange was intoxicated at the time.
"At the end of the day families have problems, and we're no different," they said. "We love each other and above all we are family. We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same."